Friday, December 02, 2005

Sinfully delicious

LAS VEGAS – As always, Sin City is bubbling with bodies and events and … just about everything you can imagine. This week’s been the annual convention for the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, something that happens in the days prior to the start of the National Finals Rodeo.

The convention shuts down today (Friday), and the rodeo opens its 10-day run tonight. Meetings and talk of rodeo, with me trying to get my business, Rodeo Media Relations, off the ground, have kept my love and I going at a fast pace. But if it helps, I’m all for it.

So there’s reasons No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 I haven’t been able to update in a few days. Earlier this week it was packing and preparing for the trip. We landed in Vegas at about 8 p.m. local time Wednesday. A $25 taxi ride to The Mirage, and we made like quick-change artists so that we could scoot over to the Rio for the Cheyenne (Wyo.) Frontier Days party.

Boy, they threw a good’n, renting out the Voodoo Café at the top of the Rio for a couple of hours – free drinks, rodeo talk and, for me, networking. Even after the party ended, the three of us Okies – my girlfriend and another fella from No Man’s Land – stayed around and enjoyed the sights and sounds of joined partying. There were gay couples and cowboys with cowgirls all dancin’ and havin’ a ball in the same room.

Go figure. This is Vegas, after all.

I might’ve updated sooner, but The Mirage likes to charge $11 a day for Internet access. Bullshit, I say, but whataya do? Still, this is a business venture in the fun capital, so I’m not complaining.

More to come soon from Las Vegas, and maybe even a quick run over why I enjoy this so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home