Monday, February 20, 2006

* NEWS FLASH * NEWS FLASH * NEWS FLASH

Well, folks, my blog-writing has been limited because of work load and other contributing factors. Primarily, a week and a half ago I made an 18-hour round-trip trek to Maryville, Mo., to interview for the managing editorship at the daily newspaper, the Daily Forum.

Today I was offered the position, and I accepted it. So beginning March 13, 2006, I will serve as the managing editor in Maryville, which is the hometown of the love of my life. That's the reason I looked in that general direction, and after a few interviews at other places, this one opened up and is welcoming me.

The love of my life is already in the process of trying to find a job back home, so we hope she'll have something secured in the coming weeks. I surely will be there weeks before she and her young daughter can make the move, so there will be the transition. I've grown rather accustomed to being around these two beautiful girls, so I'm not looking forward to being separated from them. But we know this is short-term, and we'll be making those long-term plans soon enough.

I'll be hanging out at her folks' home in the interim, so I'm very thankful for them.

Anyway, that's the news. Tune in next week for more.

8 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Hooray hooray hooray!!! Congratulations to you Teditor, and don't forget your Okie friends.

Mon Feb 20, 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Dude. I am so very pleased and happy for you. :-) Be sure and invite me to the hitchin'!

Mon Feb 20, 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger Teditor said...

Thanks, y'all. Means a lot, and I knew y'all'd want to know. I'll keep ya posted, fer sure.

Mon Feb 20, 05:56:00 PM  
Blogger TStockmann said...

Well, even I can read English when the words are small enough.

Congratulations and best of luck with the move!

Tue Feb 21, 04:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn fine Geography Department at NWMSU in Maryville. I've hired two of their graduates over time. I've never been their but both of them said they really loved it there.
Congratulations.
p.s. Do they rodeo there?

Tue Feb 21, 06:51:00 AM  
Blogger Teditor said...

If they don't, they will soon. :-)

I know Northwest had a rodeo team at one time, becausee that's how my honey got to the Oklahoma Panhandle -- she followed the rodeo team to the Panhandle State University rodeo in the spring of 1993 and enrolled at the Goodwell school that fall.

I'm thinkin' the rodeo team has disbanded, but I know there are three ProRodeos in Kansas City each year, and I'm only an hour and a half away.

I'll still be involved with the Guymon Pioneer Days Rodeo -- which takes place May 5-7 at Henry C. Hitch Pioneer Arena and features all of the top contestants in the sport vying for nearly $400,000 in prize money -- and will also stay active at the rodeo in Pretty Prairie, Kan.

Tue Feb 21, 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

My brother lives in Maryville. Mo. He is the director of Missions for the Maryville Southern Baptist (something like 3 county ) Association. Look him up when you get there. His name is Wayne Maness and he is more Liberal than I am because he has a Seminary degree. LOL

Sun Feb 26, 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger Teditor said...

The good news about the move is that its only an hour and a half to Arrowhead Stadium. That'll be terrific come fall, when I'll be sportin' my Chiefs jerseys and other attire with the arrowhead logo.

Actually, I'm trying to talk Lynette into having our nuptial ceremony at the stadium. I'm not so sure she'll buy it, though.

Wed Mar 01, 05:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home