Friday, May 05, 2006

Comfort Zone

The love of my life and I returned to Guymon, Okla., the Oklahoma Panhandle and home of the Richest Rodeo in Oklahoma this week.

First performance is 7:30 tonight (Friday), and the weekend looks to be another fantastic event.

We're about to head off for a full day of activities. Part of my job is guiding some of the key ingredients of the rodeo to a radio show, help with that as need be. I'll also be helping anybody who is with the media who comes to town to cover the event.

It'll be busy, but it'll be fun. If you want to keep up with the happenings, click on to guymonrodeo.com.

We've run into a number of friends already, which comes with the territory when the love of my life lived around here for a dozen years or more and I spent six months or so in No Man's Land. But it also comes with the territory when you love rodeo like we do and run into friends that make this sport their way of life, the way they pay bills, the way they feed their families, the way they compete at a world-class level.

And since I've got Internet that works regurly -- unlike my current status at the new job and without Internet at my future in-laws' -- I hope to file a little bit from here this weekend.

So keep track, come back and enjoy.

And thanks for stoppin' by. ER, you comin'?

1 Comments:

Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Dagdang it, I can't get up there! I took on another research project at the list minute. Got 10 days now to research and write a paper by the deadline to present it at a conference this fall. Y'all have fun!

Fri May 05, 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home