Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's All Set

Date: July 8.
Time: yet to be determined.
Exact location: yet to be determined.
General location: Las Vegas, Nev.
Purpose: Nuptials for me and the love of my life.
Invitees: Me and the love of my life. That's it.
Internet inivitees: All y'all.
Party invitees: Well, that'd be friends and family, on both sides, at two locales — western Kansas and northwest Missouri.

After much thought, much deliberation, goin' to the priest to find out how stinkin' long it takes to get a Catholic annulment, tryin' to figure out the cost of an elaborate affair, tryin' to figure out why we'd need to spend that money, tryin' to figure out where we'd come up with that money even if we wanted to spend that money, tryin' to figure out if we should do it in Maryville, Mo., or Leoti, Kan., or somewhere in between, hearin' horror stories from friends who are plannin' their nuptials and tryin' to please everyone in between, realizin' we don't need an elaborate wedding to show each other how much we love one another and figuring out that we'd rather have a heck of a shindig instead of a big ol' weddin' (WHEW! That took some time), my bride to be and I decided Vegas is the place to get ourselves hitched.

We'll come back to Middle America for the gatherings in both Maryville (her hometown and our home) and Leoti (my hometown). Anybody know of a cheap band (OK, free band) that'd love to play for us?

But we want this to be special for us, and with technology, the Internet can provide an outlet for our loved ones to witness our celebration. It'll be a weekend getaway — leave on a Friday, return on a Sunday. But it'll be nice.

I'm a fortunate man to have found such a special, caring, loving woman with whom to share my life.

On to the other things going on: We're finally all moved out of Oklahoma and into our own casa.

We had to wait until the second weekend in May to get into our house, which was the weekend after the Guymon rodeo. All of my honey's stuff and a few of my things were moved the second weekend in April, but moved into her parents' garage while we stayed there. A month later, we were able to move it into town.

Over Memorial Day weekend, we hightailed it back to Oklahoma City in her father's new pickup pulling an old horse trailer to retrieve the bulk of my stuff, which had been in a storage unit since the end of October. We got it home Sunday evening.

And as my life has seen some whirlwind changes in the last year, I can only say that it's getting better and better each day. I thank God for that.

And my friends, who helped me through my struggles and my down times and lifted me up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray!!! Congratulations to you both. And hooray for running off to Vegas! Nothing ruins a marriage like the wedding, IMO. Better to do that realistically rather than to invest a lifetime of money into one day. That doesn't mean it can't be the most romantic day of your lives... just that it won't bankrupt you!

E-mail me! There's a link on my blog. Send me an address so I can at least send y'all a card or something.

Wed May 31, 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Teditor said...

Trix,

I can't e-mail ya right now. This dadgum work equipment won't let me see the link to your addy, but, alas, my laptop has it somewhere, I'm sure.

Nonetheless, my addy is teditor@cox.net. You can send one to me.

Wed May 31, 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Good for y'all, y'all!

Wed May 31, 07:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home